Because, you know.. it's even funnier the next day

by DCT, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 07:49 (3493 days ago)
edited by DCT, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 07:53

great post from San Clemente

by HumanRobot @, Cybertron, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 09:12 (3493 days ago) @ DCT

ucla can still make the playoffs and hundley
10/5/2014 1:59:52 AM
By: San Clemente

can still win the heisman.

There would just have to be a lot of plane crashes or an Ebola outbreak. Now that's a hail mary, sort of. sc

USC # 4 and 13 are priceless in that clip

by KelleyCook @, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 08:41 (3493 days ago) @ DCT

Both jump up in anticipatory celebration of #10 basket-catch interception.

Only to be stunned when Strong came jumped their route

Awful defense, awful coaching.

by KGB, Belly o. the Beast, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 08:12 (3493 days ago) @ DCT
edited by KGB, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 08:19

Jaelen Strong is a bad mofo. I would have told the Trojan DBs prior to the play to knock Strong square on his fucking ass if they have to, no way do you let him anywhere near that ball. And yet they all just stood there like assholes trying to locate the goddamned Big Dipper in the sky. All in all, a well-deserved dick punch. I rate it 8 punches on a scale of 5.

8 punches out of 5?

by Bryan (IrishCavan), Howth Castle and Environs, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 08:23 (3493 days ago) @ KGB

Does that make it a donkey punch?

It's my general opinion that birthdays are bullshit.

by KGB, Belly o. the Beast, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 08:49 (3493 days ago) @ Bryan (IrishCavan)
edited by KGB, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 08:53

To me, it's the human race's ultimate "participation trophy" copout. Hooray, everybody has one -- aren't you special. Listen, if you're a reasonably cool individual or at least not a completely insufferable dick, then other people are going to recognize and behave accordingly on a day-to-day basis throughout the year. It's sad that our culture effectively goads people into this bit of put-upon fakery. There's nothing more exhausting that trying to pretend to be excited about the coincidental nature of some dipshit in your life having been born on this day exactly x number of years ago. Cake is for fucking children's parties, and cards are for weddings (but only as a straight-cash-homey delivery system, and only at least 6 months after the actual wedding when the miserable couple has already burned thru their big-day nut).

Ergo, my birthday can go shit in a fancy top hat. Me, I'd much rather celebrate October 4th, hereafter to be known as Dick Punch Saturday. "Hey, remember that time when you were born?" Of course I don't, asshole. Frankly, it could have been any day of the year -- I wouldn't know the difference. But I'll always remember where I was on Dick Punch Saturday, and how I laughed like my 8-year-old self reading Garfield comics pretty much all day long. And that's something worth remembering and celebrating.

October 4, DP Day. Never forget.

Tags:
potpourri

Yeah, Strong is good. He was killing them all day.

by professor @, South Bend, IN, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 08:18 (3493 days ago) @ KGB

Watching that game intensified my desire for Daniels's return, hopefully with his head on straight. Fuller, Prosise, Carlisle, and Robins on are doing a great job, but having a big, strong, fast receiver who can rip balls away from overmatched DBs would be really nice.

it was like a coyote and roadrunner bit

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 08:17 (3493 days ago) @ KGB
edited by Jay, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 08:24

"Come to papa....." /licking chops

WHOOSH!

This and KGB's post may have cost me a keyboard

by DCT, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 08:25 (3493 days ago) @ Jay

Coffee spit flying..

Well played guys, well played.

3rd successful Pac12 Hail Mary in as many weeks

by Pat, in the cloud, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 07:53 (3493 days ago) @ DCT

Two of the three were game winners.

Hayes Pullard plays that like the LB he is

by DCT, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 07:58 (3493 days ago) @ Pat

I'd imagine he doesn't get many reps high pointing the ball.

Pullard (#10), acts like, "wait, he can do that?"

WTF was Pullard even on the field.

by hobbs, San Diego, CA, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 08:38 (3493 days ago) @ DCT
edited by hobbs, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 08:41

Oh yeah, lets put a 6'1 240lb LB in to defend a hail mary attempt.

In that situation you load up on DB's, with verticals, who are use to playing the ball in the air.

Well, there was always the chance ASU would run a dive

by DCT, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 08:55 (3493 days ago) @ hobbs

I mean, that makes sense, right?