Here I is!

by Busco21, Thursday, October 23, 2014, 11:05 (3478 days ago) @ Mike (bart)

There is no question we have seen a huge turnaround, not just here in Churubusco but the state of Indiana in general, with a focus on NE Indiana (Fort Wayne area).

My town isn't a good example, as our crazies have taken it to a whole other level. When we travel, we outnumber the home crowd anywhere from 2 to 1 to ridiculous games like 5 or 6 to 1. We have tailgating busses that show up two hours early, people grilling everywhere. Really a college atmosphere.

But the state in general, there is no question football has exploded. It kind of sucks because we are losing our "we have a strength and speed development plan and you don't", but as basketball is losing steam, football is thriving.

I'm sure Peyton had something to do with it, but up here the fans are still pretty much split between my Bears and the Colts. I think it follows the interest in both college and NFL football booming.

Several strength and speed development businesses are succeeding in our area, and that didn't even exist a decade or so ago. We aren't big fans of it, because it has the potential to become an AAU kind of situation, but it definitely shows kids and parents are taking it seriously around here.

In summation, I dig it.

Complete thread: