Lotsa scuttlebutt that NBC Sports is shuttering

by IrishGuard, Friday, January 22, 2021, 12:19 (1183 days ago)

If the Premier League is any indicator, we're going to end up with the USC game on Peacock this year.

Where will I be able to watch the Mecum

by Silk, St. Louis, Friday, January 22, 2021, 21:31 (1183 days ago) @ IrishGuard

Auto Auctions?

It's been an open secret in racing that NBCSN was done.

by PAK, Friday, January 22, 2021, 13:34 (1183 days ago) @ IrishGuard

They were going to hold out for the Olympics but now that the rumors are flying that the Japan Olympics will be canceled, the news is starting to leak wider.

Sounds like they are switching sports to USA

by Bryan (IrishCavan), Howth Castle and Environs, Friday, January 22, 2021, 12:34 (1183 days ago) @ IrishGuard

But, yeah, I think most of it will end up on Peacock, of which I'm not a fan.

Peacock is no worse than all the others, in my opinion

by HullieAndMikes, Yelling at Sam Cane, Dunedin, Friday, January 22, 2021, 12:49 (1183 days ago) @ Bryan (IrishCavan)

They are all garbage to navigate and find what you want, and the entire streaming service thing has jumped the shark long ago, but getting Peacock for free is one of the only benefits of being a Comcast subscriber. It's stream quality is generally more reliable than ESPN+

I follow one (1) club rugby team, and one (1) international team, and sometimes have to have four (4) streaming services at the same time to watch all their games. Old hat for people who like niche sports.

Also, worth noting some of this is probably related to local NBC sports networks (NBC Sports Philly or DC or whatever) hemorrhaging cash last year.

Getting rid of the rugby pass pissed me off.

by ReginaldVelJohnson @, Friday, January 22, 2021, 14:21 (1183 days ago) @ HullieAndMikes

I honestly don't want/need Peacock, but now I'm stuck paying more for content I don't care about. Compounded by the fact that I have to rotate through like 4 subscriptions to get coverage. Better than the old days of finding some guy who taped it off a pirated DirecTV feed, I guess.

The one benefit of being a Comcast subscriber

by HullieAndMikes, Yelling at Sam Cane, Dunedin, Friday, January 22, 2021, 14:28 (1183 days ago) @ ReginaldVelJohnson

Is I get it for free, so my rugby expenses went down when the pass got nixed. I expect it to be a short term benefit when everyone's rights eventually go up for bid again now that CVC is involved.

Is it available on Fire Stick yet?

by Bryan (IrishCavan), Howth Castle and Environs, Friday, January 22, 2021, 13:31 (1183 days ago) @ HullieAndMikes

I had to sideload it. I think ESPN+ is, overall, easier to navigate but, yeah, most of them aren't very user friendly. CBS All Access might be the worst.

Not sure, I use Roku

by HullieAndMikes, Yelling at Sam Cane, Dunedin, Friday, January 22, 2021, 14:14 (1183 days ago) @ Bryan (IrishCavan)

Not sure why it took so long for HBO Max to come there, since it is total trash as well.

For sports purposes, Peacock is OK. Clearly marked sports tab and they are divided by soccer, rugby, etc. But just like ESPN+, wildly inconsistent results through search and very late updates before a game is supposed to be shown.

Ultimately, as long as I know where to find the Six Nations and Heineken Championship (and don’t have to shell out a chunk for it) I’ll suck it up.

To clarify, you mean shuttering NBCSN, right?

by Dave @, Memphis, TN, Friday, January 22, 2021, 12:32 (1183 days ago) @ IrishGuard

- No text -

Yes

by Jack @, Saturday, January 23, 2021, 06:33 (1182 days ago) @ Dave
edited by Jack, Saturday, January 23, 2021, 06:37

- No text -