the Polo Grounds

Back to the forum index
Linear

Matt Schlapp the con man

by Jack @, Friday, January 22, 2021, 10:11

Can a degree be revoked?

I think most of us remember a guy like this from college

by Busco21, Friday, January 22, 2021, 16:28 @ Jack

No matter where you went. I'd rather sleep well at night. And have a huge, hilarious fun funeral where everyone shares great stories and tells the survivors how much good was done, and how much fun was had.

The Neidermeyers get killed by their own troops in 'Nam. Or they last a little longer and do horrible shit and profit from it and then someday it all blows up. Fuck 'em.

Amanda Gorman is America's favorite poet of the moment

by Greg, 'dena, Friday, January 22, 2021, 16:53 @ Busco21

But man, you have a way with words too.

Have a great weekend!

---
glorious (n.) - amazing and inspiring so as to fill an observer with awe; see, e.g., John Parr's hair in the "Man in Motion" video

Well, she can rhyme lol. KGB and I can only use

by Busco21, Friday, January 22, 2021, 18:15 @ Greg
edited by Busco21, Friday, January 22, 2021, 18:39

truck and stuck and puck and quit and sit and bit and spam and bam and wham?

hehehehe

He is a classmate and a world class a-hole

by Albie, Friday, January 22, 2021, 12:53 @ Jack

He has been grifting his entire adult life. I know I have shared this before but he was in ROTC for one year at ND then dropped. Admittedly, this was allowed at the time with no strings attached. What was loathsome about it though was he basically told other cadets he never had any intention of doing more than one year so it didn't matter that he could barely fit into his uniform by second semester. He didn't show up to mandatory workouts for those over body fat, basically made no effort whatsoever. I guess he was too busy working on his Student Government career.

To make matters worse on the lobbying grift, he owns a farm in Central Virginia so probably has played the system to pay zero taxes annually.

Another member of the ND-Trump Hall of Shame.

Did Trump Pardon himself? And is there such a thing as a

by Grantland, y'allywood, Friday, January 22, 2021, 11:06 @ Jack

secret pardon? I heard this was a thing but have no idea.

Haven't kept up with this at all.

No and I really doubt it

by CK08, Friday, January 22, 2021, 11:23 @ Grantland

How would a secret pardon even work? There has to be some sort of paper trail, so it would be impossible to keep secret.

And Trump decided not to pardon himself after being informed that it could be considered an admission of liability in a civil case against him.

There were rumors that not all are revealed

by okerland @, The right side of the Bay Bridge, Friday, January 22, 2021, 11:52 @ CK08

I forget the network but they mentioned that Trump could issue/sign a pardon but not publicly release the information until later.

I have no idea if that's true, but I heard the same as the other poster.

They put the wrong dates on a number of them.

by domer.mq ⌂ @, Friday, January 22, 2021, 12:46 @ okerland

I seriously doubt that even if they wanted to do a "secret pardon" they could pull it off. Biden's JD would leak it before the ink was dry.

---
Sometimes I rhyme slow sometimes I rhyme quick.

Other than Steve Bannon, the pardons really fizzled at the

by Jack @, Friday, January 22, 2021, 11:29 @ CK08
edited by Jack, Friday, January 22, 2021, 11:33

end. And the Bannon pardon pushed the envelope as it was.

I agree on the supposed secret pardons. Not a chance.

The lack of pardons was pretty funny, too, when all kinds of people who were expecting them got bupkes.

Here's one of my favorites: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/joe-exotic-no-trump-pardon-tiger-king-zoo/

Honestly

by Domer99, John Wesley Powell's Expedition Island, Friday, January 22, 2021, 13:38 @ Jack

I think the only reason for that was due to pure laziness. My guess is if the Trump administration would have been more focused and less distracted (specifically about the election results) he would have been more ambitious in soliciting more $encouragement$ to grant pardons.

Or maybe it was a con$ciou$ deci$ion. Sounds like the

by BillyGoat, At Thanksgiving with Joe Bethersontin, Friday, January 22, 2021, 14:00 @ Domer99

fundraising off the election challenges was pretty significant.

$375 thousand per week

by hobbs, San Diego, Friday, January 22, 2021, 10:24 @ Jack
edited by hobbs, Friday, January 22, 2021, 10:28

for MATT SCHLAPP!

It's gotta be a write off. There is no way.

I mean his wife basically put it in the in box and mentioned it to WH counsel.

452178 Postings in 38253 Threads, 208 registered users, 56 users online (4 registered, 52 guests)
Contact