FU

by River, Hell of the Upside Down Sinners, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 09:34 (2115 days ago)

Crazy day

United Bid won the 2026 World Cup

Spain fired their Manager 2days before the start of the WC after he took the Real Madrid job. He was undefeated in 20 games as the head of the Spanish team.

What a difference no one to bribe makes

by Jack @, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 15:46 (2115 days ago) @ River

Qatar got in just in time.

Speaking of Spain, they abstained from the vote. Curious.

Extremely excited about the 2026 World Cup

by MattG, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 12:07 (2115 days ago) @ River

Pulisic should still be in his prime at 27.

Trump will LIKELY no longer be President.

And setting the precedent of multi-national regions hosting international sporting events, utilizing existing facilities, could be transformational.

Just imagine - no more Olympic venues rotting to the ground by the time of the next Olympics. No more nations wildly over-building one-time-use stadiums in the first place.

Instead, Olympics and World Cup cash could be dedicated to renovating existing infrastructure that already has long-term use.

OR, I suppose, this could be a one-time thing before FIFA and the IOC jump back on the graft train.

who's got a good WC podcast I can start listening to?

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 10:39 (2115 days ago) @ River

- No text -

I listen to mostly English ones.

by Slainte Joe @, Raleigh, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 13:44 (2115 days ago) @ Jay

The Totally Football Podcast is good.

It's not to be confused with the Telegraph's Total Football Show which is also quite good. I like the format because it's the host and one guest at a time, which makes the conversation a bit more orderly.

There's always Men in Blazers if you like your football with a heavy mixer of hijinx and often witty sometimes inane banter. Roger Bennett is the guy who did the amazing American Fiasco pod.

All the above

by PBurns ⌂ @, Ah Denver, the Sunshine State. Beautiful, Thursday, June 14, 2018, 07:18 (2115 days ago) @ Slainte Joe

Additional ones: if you like The Ringer, they have a soccer pod that will be running daily for the WC.

My personal favorite soccer pod is Total Soccer Show, which has a more US-bent (i.e. you'll hear about MLS), but they're doing dailies for the world cup as well. I started on them for last world cup and just kept listening.

--
Just run 4 verts

Busco maybe?

by Chris @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 10:45 (2115 days ago) @ Jay

- No text -

--
"F--- everyone who isn't us."
#Team128

Also today is the last day to get your tpg

by hobbs, San Diego, CA, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 09:56 (2115 days ago) @ River

picks entered into the pool.

But there are so many!

by MattG, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 10:00 (2115 days ago) @ hobbs

I made it through at least 75 picks before giving up. Every game has like 4 prop bets!

also, HCE

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 10:18 (2115 days ago) @ MattG

maybe we can make a pick'em-lite, for just picking the bracket w/o all the prop bets? I don't know if that's an option.

We can't do it with ESPN, but MLS has a very basic bracket

by HCE, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 10:44 (2115 days ago) @ Jay

that we could treat as the TPG equivalent of the Carabao Cup. The whole thing takes about two minutes to finish, but you will need to register and go on record about your favorite MLS club (Vamos United!):

https://bracket2018.mlssoccer.com/#league/standings/3400?code=RHAR64US

we can probably just track it on the ESPN site

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 10:56 (2115 days ago) @ HCE

So for those of you who just want to do the winner of the groups and the overall winner, feel free to jump in! Here's the signup:

http://fcpredictor.espn.com/ESPN/en/6/entryminileaguemanagement.do

League Password: 1553969-77537

Sure, that works for me

by HCE, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 11:12 (2115 days ago) @ Jay

- No text -

I think you can do the prop bets prior to each match

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 10:14 (2115 days ago) @ MattG

- No text -

Indeed: Champion, Group Winners, and Golden Boot picks

by HCE, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 10:18 (2115 days ago) @ Jay

need to be in before Russia and Saudi Arabia kick off tomorrow. Individual match picks and prop bets are due before that match starts.