the Polo Grounds

Back to the forum index
Linear

Darnold, Rosen both entering draft

by BPH, San Diego, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 17:42

Your move, Browns.

I was worried Darnold might come back. Who's next in line at USC?

Ricky Town came in with Darnold

by Jack @, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 18:28 @ BPH

I just remember he was highly recruited. Is he still there or did he transfer?

He left three years ago.

by San Pedro, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 18:36 @ Jack

[ No text ]

And has transferred to Pitt after a stint at a JC

by BPH, San Diego, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 18:37 @ San Pedro

[ No text ]

Don't forget his stint at Arkansas.

by San Pedro, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 18:49 @ BPH

[ No text ]

Pitt has Max Browne *and* Ricky Town?

by Jack @, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 18:41 @ BPH

What is it, the Island of Misfit USC Quarterbacks?

Pretty sure Browne is done there

by BPH, San Diego, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 19:08 @ Jack

[ No text ]

Season-ending injury this season vs. Rice.

by Pat (Moco), Slave Den, Brian Cook's Basement, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 19:39 @ BPH

I would imagine he will go the undrafted tryout route in the NFL unless he has a ridiculous pro day.

Maybe the kid from Mater Dei?

by Greg, Wavin' Brenda and Eddie goodbye, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 18:26 @ BPH

Who himself is leaving HS a whole year early to enroll at SC, with the trickle down effect of Mater Dei stealing a rising junior QB from a school near downtown Los Angeles.

That whole sentence is true. Excuse me while I go puke.

---
#asshat

They're supposedly looking for a QB grad transfer

by Brendan ⌂ @, The Chemical and Oil Refinery State, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 08:43 @ Greg

I don't think they're entirely comfortable handing the keys to Matt Fink or true freshman JT Daniels, the Mater Dei kid you referenced. The reason he re-classified to the 2018 class, by the way, is that he wouldn't have been allowed to play at Mater Dei next year because he's too old. He'll turn 19 in May; California athletics rules say you have to be under 19 through June to be allowed to compete.

I'm not sure what the backstory is on Daniels, but given that he's uber-polished I would be willing to bet some money that it's similar to the Clausens - held back from the beginning with the plan of making him an elite prospect. His father Steve was a prep QB in Detroit way back when and coached him when he was a kid.

---
Listen to the voice of Life, and you will hear Life crying, "Be!"

Thanks

by Greg, Wavin' Brenda and Eddie goodbye, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 08:52 @ Brendan

I knew that Daniels had been well-coached, and had heard the "19" rumor but had also read in the Times that he was refuting that. Whatever.

The interesting part to me is the coaching/prepping from a young age. As you note, the Clausens are the most famous family in that regard but there is no shortage of it around here. Unfortunately for ND, kids that have that kind of dad/youth generally turn out to be reasonably good college QBs but collapse at the NFL level (unless a Big Mac fixation ruins them earlier). So we'll have to deal with a good SC QB for at least three years. If we're lucky, he'll make SC good enough that they can't fire Helton but not good enough to beat us.

---
#asshat

If you've never seen it

by DEM, Chicago, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 06:27 @ Greg

The documentary "Trophy Kids" is incredibly entertaining. You may want to remove any small objects that you could throw at the TV while viewing.

382387 Postings in 33214 Threads, 204 registered users, 69 users online (1 registered, 68 guests)
Contact