the Polo Grounds

Back to the forum index
Linear

OT - The President, "Steve Bannon is dead to me"

by hobbs, San Diego, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 11:28
edited by hobbs, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 11:34

To quote that lyrical gangsta Nelly, 'It's getting hot in here'

FWIW, the disheveled drunk has a book coming out where he unloaded on Kushner, Fredo, and Trump.

He even called Fredo's actions treasonous and stated that there is "zero" chance that he didn't run the meeting back to Daddy. Bannon also correctly points out that the Russia investigation is all about money laundering.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashrulla/2-fire-2-furious

BTW, today's dust-up obscured a devastating Op-Ed yesterday by the owners and founders of Fusion GPS in the WaPo.

Trump is going to the national championship game

by Jim (fisherj08) @, A Samoan kid's laptop, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 15:59 @ hobbs

And Kendrick Lamar is performing at halftime.

Uh oh.

This is a win-win for our country

by Jack @, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 12:10 @ hobbs

Bannon actually raises good points, and Trump won't listen to him any more. That's 2 wins if ever there were any.

The biggest winner, ironically, is the so-called establishment wing of the Republican Party.

If it's possible for Mitch McConnell to party (there's an image), he is. Though he might still be hung over from partying the night of the defeat of Roy Moore.

These assholes all eating each other

by KGB, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 12:22 @ Jack

(and this includes McConnell and his ilk) would be the best thing that could happen for the future of the country at large. In a true best-case scenario, this would all shake out before the fucking infant that America put in charge because, "Eh, what's the worst that could happen?", decides to start a real-life goddamned nuclear war to convince the entire world that he has a big dick.

62 million plus. What the fuck.

Every time I heard "but he'll shake things up!"

by Jack @, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 12:25 @ KGB

I wanted to kick the guy who said that in the nuts.

Every dictator in history "shook things up".

If a man is constipated

by Chris (HCC) @, Paradise, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 12:43 @ Jack

he can certainly stick a power drill up his ass and pull the trigger. You would be introducing an outside element that will stir things up. The other effects of that action are, obviously, less than desirable.

Official Twitter Response from Team Mitch

by Tim, Chicago, IL, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 12:15 @ Jack

Official Twitter Response from the American people

by Jack @, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 12:18 @ Tim

[image]

Actually, Michael Wolff's book, not Bannon's.

by PMan, The Banks of the Spokane River, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 11:32 @ hobbs

I wager at least half that book is completely fabricated

by HullieAndMikes, Joe Turner's bookcase, ALHS, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 11:34 @ PMan

Michael Wolff is one of the least trustworthy journalists in the world.

Maybe, but...

by domer.mq ⌂ @, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 12:16 @ HullieAndMikes

It's indisputable that Wolf has been essentially camped out at Trump's feet for the last year.

And also indisputable that Trump and Co are stupid enough to let him do it.

---
Sometimes I rhyme slow sometimes I rhyme quick.

That sort of access is overrated

by HullieAndMikes, Joe Turner's bookcase, ALHS, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 12:19 @ domer.mq

More likely to puke out something like Bush at War than All the President's Men.

You know that.

by domer.mq ⌂ @, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 13:22 @ HullieAndMikes

But as we've well learned the last 2 years, what's "true," isn't what's "real."

---

So you're saying it's "fake news"?

by Jack @, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 12:11 @ HullieAndMikes

[ No text ]

I prefer "Stephen Glass-esque"

by HullieAndMikes, Joe Turner's bookcase, ALHS, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 12:12 @ Jack

[ No text ]

Holy Hell, you might be right. New York mag

by hobbs, San Diego, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 11:49 @ HullieAndMikes
edited by hobbs, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 15:02

has some book excerpts.

Ivanka Trump looks in the mirror and see's the reflection of a potential President!

The First Children couple were having to navigate Trump’s volatile nature just like everyone else in the White House. And they were willing to do it for the same reason as everyone else — in the hope that Trump’s unexpected victory would catapult them into a heretofore unimagined big time. Balancing risk against reward, both Jared and Ivanka decided to accept roles in the West Wing over the advice of almost everyone they knew. It was a joint decision by the couple, and, in some sense, a joint job. Between themselves, the two had made an earnest deal: If sometime in the future the opportunity arose, she’d be the one to run for president. The first woman president, Ivanka entertained, would not be Hillary Clinton; it would be Ivanka Trump.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/michael-wolff-fire-and-fury-book-donald-tr...

Of everything in that piece, you find it hard to believe...

by domer.mq ⌂ @, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 12:18 @ hobbs

That a Trump might think they're cut out for something they're completely incapable of doing?

---

If 50% of what's in that excerpt is fabricated

by professor @, Tallahassee, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 12:01 @ hobbs

... it is still a hell of a story.

It's likely in the constellation of truth

by HullieAndMikes, Joe Turner's bookcase, ALHS, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 12:07 @ professor

But Wolff is only accurate in a very impressionistic sense. He's a gossip columnist who spends all his time at cocktail parties. In a way, that makes him perfect to write about Washington, but in more important ways, it makes him totally incapable of escaping their bullshit (Woodward had a similar problem when the Bush WH cracked his reporting code).

386901 Postings in 33489 Threads, 205 registered users, 100 users online (3 registered, 97 guests)
Contact