the Polo Grounds

Back to the forum index
Linear

pretty amazing Memphis-UCF game

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Saturday, December 02, 2017, 13:59

62-55 UCF in the 2nd OT; Memphis just converted a 4th & 7 and now has 1st and goal.

UCF picked it off in the end zone, game over.

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Saturday, December 02, 2017, 14:02 @ Jay

Sounds like Frost took the Nebraska job too.

Hope he does well at Nebraska. I’m a sucker

by Turtlecrack, Saturday, December 02, 2017, 14:24 @ Jay

For the coming back home storyline. I’m assuming nebraska fans like it.

Nebraska fans are reportedly ecstatic

by Jack @, Saturday, December 02, 2017, 16:22 @ Turtlecrack

They really might not have accepted anyone else.

Nebraska native, won two NC’s there as a player, coming off an undefeated season. I’d be ecstatic too if I were a Nebraska fan. A program that looked like it was on an inexorable slide down just got a major shot in the arm. This was a grand slam, and the timing of it all was incredibly lucky.

I don’t know about that.

by APND02 ⌂ @, Winston-Salem, NC, Saturday, December 02, 2017, 17:34 @ Jack

He’s been a head coach for exactly one year. It’s extremely far from a sure thing.

---
http://clashmoremike.com/author/anthony

No, it's not a sure thing, especially at Neb.

by oviedoirish @, Oviedo, Florida, Monday, December 04, 2017, 09:50 @ APND02

But if there ever was a coach to take a risk on it would be him. He runs an exciting offense, appears to be a good recruiter, and he's got a lot of charisma. Here at UCF, everyone is really bummed that he's leaving after only 2 years, but I guess Neb. is his dream job. And from what I heard, $35M over 7 years is hard to refuse, and we certainly couldn't match it. I was hoping he'd stay at UCF for another year or two, and then come to ND! :-)

I can't really blame Frost for leaving either. Besides the money he'll get at Neb., unless UCF can join a Power 5 conference or the playoff expands, it has reached its peak. Let's say that we beat Auburn (not likely at all), then we finish as the only undefeated team in the country and might make the top 10 in the final poll. We have no chance to make the playoff, so there's nowhere else to go. I guess we need to start scheduling and beating tougher teams, and then people might take us seriously. But that takes time.

Head coach 2 years, and I never said it was a sure thing

by Jack @, Saturday, December 02, 2017, 17:38 @ APND02
edited by Jack, Saturday, December 02, 2017, 17:43

I said Nebraska fans are ecstatic.

But regardless, taking a team from 0-12 to 13-0 in those 2 years ain’t bad.

Apparently took it last night.

by Kevin @, Saturday, December 02, 2017, 14:03 @ Jay

This game reminds me of that shootout Cincy had with Pitt in 2009.

374428 Postings in 32689 Threads, 204 registered users, 106 users online (3 registered, 103 guests)
Contact