bye week who ya got

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Thursday, October 20, 2016, 14:02 (2716 days ago)

TONIGHT

7:00 -- Miami at Va Tech (-6). Pretty surprised to see this line after VT's loss to Syracuse.

FRIDAY

10:30 -- Oregon at Cal (-3). Oregon a dog to Cal hasn't happened since 2009 (and Oregon smoked them 42-3, covering by 44 points

SATURDAY

12:00 -- NC State at Louisville (-19). Louisville still has a shot at the ACC championship, but they need Clemson to lose, and they can't screw up trap games like this one.

3:30 -- Texas A&M at Alabama (-18.5). That seems like a generous line for a battle of two unbeatens.

4:00 -- Utah at UCLA (-7). How the hell is a 3-4 Bruin squad a touchdown favorite against a 6-1 Utah?

6:00 -- Arkansas at Auburn (-9.5). Both teams with two losses, but of course Arkansas is coming off that big win against Ole Miss.

7:00 -- Houston at SMU (+21). Herman Watch game.

8:00 -- Ohio State at Penn State (+19.5). Seems like a generous spread on its face, but then again PSU got whipped by Michigan, and I still think Ohio State is better than Michigan. Probably a bloodbath.

9:00 -- Ole Miss at LSU (-6.5). My thoughts of Ole Miss being a darkhorse title contender are all but shot.

10:00 -- Washington State at Arizona State (+8.5). Wazzu is on a four game winning streak and has put together a top five passing offense. They are 3-0 in conference right behind Washington. Assuming the Pirate keeps winning, that Thanksgiving weekend game between Wazzu and UW looks like a good one.

Pretty crappy slate of games.

by irishvol @, Music City, USA, Friday, October 21, 2016, 07:09 (2716 days ago) @ Jay

Of course, I'm not sure any of it matters anymore this year. Alabama and OSU are the two best teams in the country, and the rest is all just window dressing. Both of my teams are off this week, which, when combined with a bad set of games, will allow me to actually do productive things this weekend.

I'm already 1-0

by Brendan ⌂ @, The Chemical and Oil Refinery State, Friday, October 21, 2016, 06:25 (2716 days ago) @ Jay

TONIGHT

7:00 -- Miami at Va Tech (-6). Pretty surprised to see this line after VT's loss to Syracuse.

Virginia Tech. I totally saw that coming. Actually, I probably would've taken the points. But who's to know?

FRIDAY

10:30 -- Oregon at Cal (-3). Oregon a dog to Cal hasn't happened since 2009 (and Oregon smoked them 42-3, covering by 44 points

Yeah, I know Oregon has problems, but I'm taking them in this one.

SATURDAY

12:00 -- NC State at Louisville (-19). Louisville still has a shot at the ACC championship, but they need Clemson to lose, and they can't screw up trap games like this one.

Trap game, eh? This might just be flat out dangerous - NC State nearly knocked off Clemson. I like NC State to cover.

3:30 -- Texas A&M at Alabama (-18.5). That seems like a generous line for a battle of two unbeatens.

Alabama to cover. Generous line nothing, Texas A&M is a paper tiger every year.

4:00 -- Utah at UCLA (-7). How the hell is a 3-4 Bruin squad a touchdown favorite against a 6-1 Utah?

I like Utah here. UCLA is soooooft again, and the Utah defense is not.

6:00 -- Arkansas at Auburn (-9.5). Both teams with two losses, but of course Arkansas is coming off that big win against Ole Miss.

I'll take Arkansas with the points.

7:00 -- Houston at SMU (+21). Herman Watch game.

Houston to cover. Yawn.

8:00 -- Ohio State at Penn State (+19.5). Seems like a generous spread on its face, but then again PSU got whipped by Michigan, and I still think Ohio State is better than Michigan. Probably a bloodbath.

I think Urbie will try to run it up. OSU to cover easily. Also, Franklin is a douche.

9:00 -- Ole Miss at LSU (-6.5). My thoughts of Ole Miss being a darkhorse title contender are all but shot.

Tough call. I never know what to make of Ole Miss. I guess I'll take the Tigers at home.

10:00 -- Washington State at Arizona State (+8.5). Wazzu is on a four game winning streak and has put together a top five passing offense. They are 3-0 in conference right behind Washington. Assuming the Pirate keeps winning, that Thanksgiving weekend game between Wazzu and UW looks like a good one.

Wazzu all the way. They've righted the ship (heh) since the two early season losses.

--
"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." - Yeats

Bye winning.

by OGerry @, Maine wilderness, Thursday, October 20, 2016, 14:20 (2716 days ago) @ Jay

- No text -

bonus game

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Thursday, October 20, 2016, 14:14 (2716 days ago) @ Jay

TONIGHT

8:00 -- Chicago Cubs (Lester) at Los Angeles Dodgers (Maeda). LAD +147