Rochell, Onwualu, McGlinchey, and Hunter are the captains

by Jim (fisherj08) @, A Samoan kid's laptop, Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 15:32 (2773 days ago)

- No text -

Kelly addressed the safety position

by BPH, San Diego, Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 20:58 (2773 days ago) @ Jim (fisherj08)

He said Sebastian is one of the guys who will play behind Studstill. I think I'd rather live and die with true freshman than have Sebastian anywhere near the free safety position.

As a whole aside, in the 2013 recruiting class, we took 4 WR

by Jim (fisherj08) @, A Samoan kid's laptop, Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 17:31 (2773 days ago) @ Jim (fisherj08)

One turned into a first round pick, one turned into a student body president, two turned into team captains.

That's pretty neat.

Jay Hayes is healthy and practicing

by Jim (fisherj08) @, A Samoan kid's laptop, Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 16:03 (2773 days ago) @ Jim (fisherj08)

- No text -

Colin McGovern won the RG job

by Jim (fisherj08) @, A Samoan kid's laptop, Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 16:01 (2773 days ago) @ Jim (fisherj08)

- No text -

Blind pigs & acorns

by scriptcomesfirst @, Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 17:16 (2773 days ago) @ Jim (fisherj08)

- No text -

If it was up to BK, 4 guys in the car would play. Up to ND.

by Jim (fisherj08) @, A Samoan kid's laptop, Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 15:54 (2773 days ago) @ Jim (fisherj08)

- No text -

Did they find weed on each individual kid?

by PAK, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 06:38 (2773 days ago) @ Jim (fisherj08)

Or did they just find it in the car and charge them all? And how much was it? I recall hearing it was 'trace' amounts but I can't verify that.

All were charged with weed, three with the gun

by Brendan ⌂ @, The Chemical and Oil Refinery State, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 07:38 (2773 days ago) @ PAK

The assumption is that the bud was somewhere within reach of all five of them while the gun was in the back seat, and the three in the back were charged with the gun possession. I haven't seen anything concrete supporting that, though.

It was White's car, and he and Coney were the ones not charged with the gun possession, so one would assume they were in the front and Redfield, Williams, and Stepherson were in the back.

--
"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." - Yeats

Glad he put that out there.

by Greg, seemingly ranch, Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 16:13 (2773 days ago) @ Jim (fisherj08)

Juxtaposed against the relatively swift decisions on Redfield and Butler, it indicates some time spent fact-finding and reaching reasonable conclusions. Notwithstanding that, I expect that those 4 will be sitting out Texas and Nevada. But I'd love to be wrong.

--
The 2007 ND-UCLA game was a once in a lifetime experience, I hope

This was seemingly a shot across the bow

by Domer99, John Wesley Powell's Expedition Island, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 08:21 (2773 days ago) @ Greg

The evolution of the Swarbrick-Kelly relationship is such that I don't think he'd have said that if Kelly wasn't comfortable with Jack. I believe it was deliberate and something that's likely been in the works behind the scenes for some time.

And I think the Frozen 4 (then 5) situation was a catalyst for Kelly tryign to leverage greater disciplinary control. Because he was helpless to know or understand the fates of those guys until it was way too late to do much about it.

His comments were a positive sign.

I took it more as him standing up for his players based on

by BillyGoat, At Thanksgiving with Joe Bethersontin, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 10:36 (2773 days ago) @ Domer99

his understanding of the facts, but there are elements of both.