the Polo Grounds

Back to the forum index
Linear

#bets: I'm in trouble on this one

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Friday, September 13, 2013, 09:12

http://www.bluegraysky.com/forum/index.php?id=164804

Sub bet: over/under on QB passes versus Purdue is 25.5.

I'll go under.

Tags:
bets

Well, this may not be totally accurate, in light of the

by BillyGoat, At Thanksgiving with Joe Bethersontin, Friday, September 13, 2013, 10:49 @ Jay

expected trajectory of the game (meaning that we beat the holy hell out of them and run the clock out in the fourth quarter). Heck, even Kelly seemed to imply that yesterday when he was talking about this game providing an opportunity to play more freshmen.

So, what about first half passes over/under 13?

I'm going over.

I'll take the under this week.

by Domer99, John Wesley Powell's Expedition Island, Friday, September 13, 2013, 10:37 @ Jay

[ No text ]

Over

by Mo, Charlotte, NC, Friday, September 13, 2013, 10:20 @ Jay

[ No text ]

Over & I'd probably go over, but narrowly, at 30.

by Chris @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 13, 2013, 09:40 @ Jay

[ No text ]

---
"F--- everyone who isn't us."
#Team128

Under

by Greg, the 'Dena, Friday, September 13, 2013, 09:38 @ Jay

Everyone else is going over. Call me the Al Czervik of TPG.

---
#asshat

Over

by Jeremy (WeIsND), Offices of Babip Pecota Vorp & Eckstein, Friday, September 13, 2013, 09:34 @ Jay

I think I heard Sampson/Prister say on the podcast that Purdue has 4 5th year seniors across their DL. And I'm sure Kelly remembers all the trouble they had running the ball last year. I'm betting he comes out throwing, eventually resorting to the run game in the 2nd half when then game is (hopefully) over.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see Rees hit 30 attempts before the middle of the 3rd quarter.

Over, but not by that much

by Spesh ⌂ @, Los Angeles, Friday, September 13, 2013, 09:21 @ Jay

I think the number will be under 30. If I were Purdue, I would not play in a 2-deep shell. I would force Rees to make throws.

ND can run all over Purdue. Purdue would just have to hope that Irish RBs fumble. If they can force ND to pass, several things can go Purdue's way, and they are more likely to stall ND in the red zone (see Temple).

I'll have to take the over on that one

by Brendan ⌂ @, The Chemical and Oil Refinery State, Friday, September 13, 2013, 09:17 @ Jay

We passed 27 times against Temple, and I'm sure Kelly is more afraid of Purdue's defensive line than Temple's. I wouldn't be surprised to see 30 passes. Ideally I'd like to see 20 carries split somehow between Carlisle and Atkinson, 10 more for Bryant, and 5+ for Folston, but I'm not optimistic that'll happen.

---
Listen to the voice of Life, and you will hear Life crying, "Be!"

First half or second half?

by Dylan, Santa Barbara, CA, Friday, September 13, 2013, 09:17 @ Jay

[ No text ]

Over

by Mike (bart), Friday, September 13, 2013, 09:14 @ Jay

I'm betting on Kelly betting on Rees betting on his arm

374428 Postings in 32689 Threads, 204 registered users, 106 users online (3 registered, 103 guests)
Contact