the Polo Grounds

Back to the forum index
Linear

Swofford hinted at an Orange Bowl tie-in for ND

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 13:39

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/40454/acc-commish-talks-orange-bowl

There are still several questions the ACC must answer as it moves forward with its 12-year partnership with the Orange Bowl, namely who the opponent will be, who will get the TV rights, and how the ACC will choose its Orange Bowl rep if the league champion is playing in the new four-team playoff. I spoke with ACC commissioner John Swofford this afternoon to ask him those questions:

In your mind, who would be the ideal opponents for the ACC?

John Swofford: I think it could go several different directions as we talk through this. Anything specific I would say would be premature. One thing is certain, and that is, we will end up with a quality opponent on a prestigious day in a terrific bowl.

Would you go so far as to say which conference or conferences you would like to align with?

JS: It could be a conference, it could be multiple conferences, it could be considerably broader than that. We'll just have to see as we continue the discussions on the possibilities.

What about specifically Notre Dame? Is that a possibility?

JS: I think it's likely Notre Dame could be involved in the mix.

How much revenue do you think you could possibly generate from this?

JS: It's hard to tell until we go to the marketplace, but it certainly has excellent value, as does the entire system that has been developed. One of the real pluses here for the ACC from a financial standpoint is that this game is a contract game, and therefore the revenue from it will largely benefit the ACC.

What does this do to solidify the stability of the conference moving forward?

JS: I think the stability has been there. This just accentuates that stability and it accentuates the strength of the conference as a selection of schools. It accentuates the potential our programs have.

How does the four-team playoff change this game for the ACC, if it does at all?

JS: I think the pluses systemically is that for our league, just like any other league at the FBS level, if we have a team or teams that are good enough and rated highly enough, our access to the national championship picture is equal to anyone else's. Beyond that, it gives our champion an opportunity to play on New Year's Day in a great location and a terrific bowl. If we have one team that goes to the semifinals as our champion, then a second ACC team will go to the Orange Bowl. If there are any years where we have two teams in the semifinals, then a third ACC team goes to the Orange Bowl. Being able to put a stake in the ground on New Year's Day in the Orange Bowl and have our own contract game is a tremendous plus for our league.

How will a selection committee or polls and rankings factor into this for the ACC?

JS: It starts with our champion in terms of the Orange Bowl itself. If our champion is not in the top four, they're in the Orange Bowl. If they are, then it's up to the ACC and the bowl to determine which team other than our champion will play in the Orange Bowl that particular year. We'll need to have a conversation about how that team is selected. It could be the next-highest rated team. It could be the loser of the championship game. We haven't made that determination yet. I'd say it's likely to be the highest-rated team, but we have some discussing to do about that.

So it's not accurate to say it's going to be the runner-up of the ACC title game?

JS: Not necessarily.

Tags:
bowls, playoffs

He's good, that Swarbrick character.

by KGB, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 18:18 @ Jay

Seems like he's come up with a workable solution to whatever serious questions arise before the message-board discussion about such prospects has a chance to run cold. Everyone worried about ND getting shut out of a playoff system, and not only will we continue to participate but he sold the conference commissioners on driving the proceedings on their behalf. Now we wonder about bowl tie-ins short of such a playoff, and he's already sold the Orange Bowl on making ND an option. There's probably a backup plan to the backup plan that he's selling the Cotton, Gator or someone else as I type. He's also the same guy who once sold the Super Bowl and Final Four on Indianapolis. He could probably sell me a cup of hot tea in this goddamned 105-degree quagmire, and the only thing I hate more than 105 degrees is fucking tea.

I find it laughable that people continue to harp on the disaster that was the Kelly hire without offering any specific criticism of what exactly he should have done differently during the process. Oh, you wanted more experience? Like who, fucking Tommy Tuberville? Give me a goddamn break. There is no reasonable preparation for this job, no truly applicable comp. And anyone who suggests that the people at the top don't do enough to win apparently doesn't realize that Stoops was offered a contract that would have paid him as much as any coach in the game at that time. We have excellent facilities, a new training table and an overhauled medical staff. Our budget in terms of recruiting and overall expenses compares favorably with any other power program nationally. So I ask -- what the hell else is there? Where do you want to draw the line between what ND does as of today and becoming an outright football factory?

I'm not a horticultural expert

by Bill, Southern California, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 07:03 @ KGB

But I'd say that both Lou Holtz and Ara Parseghian could be classified as 'low hanging fruit'. Did Moose Krause have a hard time talking Ara into leaving Northwestern and coming to Notre Dame. Was it a hard sell for Gene Corrigan to talk Lou Holtz into leaving Minnesota? How did those hires demonstrate a greater commitment to fielding a championship level football program than was demonstrated by the hiring of Brian Kelly?

Fr Ted botched the process in 1964

by Dylan, Santa Barbara, CA, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 08:13 @ Bill

Bud Wilkinson was available in 1964, but Ted went to our aspirational peer from Evanston instead. Discreet inroads could have been made with both Wilkinson and Bear Bryant. Orsini would have closed them.

Same goes for the disastrous 1985 search. We should have backed up the Brinks' truck for Barry Switzer and Johnny Majors. Instead we hired Rich Kotite 1.0.

1985 was messed up, too

by CW (Rakes) @, Harlan County, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 11:31 @ Dylan

I know I've quoted this before, but:

A strong case can be made for the notion that Holtz is simply the best coach working-and available. A handful of elite coaches probably wouldn't be tempted to change jobs at any price-Paterno, Shula, Schembechler.

Apparently "availability" is no longer a consideration for the ND job. The inability to write Bob Stoops a check big enough to uproot his family, his comfortable lifestyle and his newly-built estate is a sign of weakness.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1123007/index.htm

What's that quote that people hate?

by KGB, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 08:06 @ Bill

"We don't hire legendary coaches at ND. We make them." Something like that? I don't know who said it, but it's essentially true. I mean, BC wasn't a superpower when we took Frank Leahy off their hands, either. Only basking in the glow of hindsight do any of our greatest coaches look clearly preferable to Kelly in terms of resume. Holtz is probably the closest to being head-and-shoulders above him based on his exploits at Arkansas.

Kelly may not work out for us in the long run, but don't tell me that it's because Swarbrick was out there slumming it in a manner that contradicts how ND handled coaching searches back in the good ol' days. Because that is nothing short of complete fabrication, a blatent rewrite of our history.

another thing to consider if Kelly busts

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 10:21 @ KGB
edited by Jay, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 10:25

Our house will be in much better order for the next hire:

* program: medical support sorted out; training table in place; nutritionist in place, etc.

* Reslife questions not what they were during Charlie's time. If not more lenient, then at least more clear on their role and authority.

* team: depth in both lines and QB position; good foundation to build from.

* postseason access picture crystal clear

Arguably (maybe inarguably) it would be a better job to take than the one offered in 2009.

Maybe.

by Kevin @, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 10:36 @ Jay

All good points, but consider:

If anything, Charlie proved that Notre Dame can still compete. He put the lie to the lazy, armchair conclusions about academic standards being too stringent, or that top-flight recruits wouldn't give South Bend a second look, or that Notre Dame could no longer go up against Southern Cal and Michigan and Florida and steal players out from under them. All of those built-in excuses that were proffered by Bob Davie, calcified via Willingham and lazily adopted by the blinkered national media (and much of their mouth-breathing readership) have been systematically disproven over the last five years. Can Notre Dame recruit? Notre Dame can recruit. Can it win? Notre Dame can win. No excuses, indeed. We can compete. We can win. Charlie might not have accomplished it, but he proved it possible. The failures of Charlie Weis are not endemic to Notre Dame. Today, when looking back on the Weis era, we hold him to his own standard, and can say that he did not get the job done; but proudly so, for without him, there might be no more standard.

For the Fighting Irish of 2010, it's a bit different. The foundation is set. We don't need someone to pull us out of the fire; we need someone who can take us over the top. Hopefully Brian Kelly will be that someone. As we close the book on BGS, Notre Dame is once again gearing up for a new beginning, another "return to glory" with the start of another spring practice. There is a lot to look forward to.

http://bluegraysky.blogspot.com/

get your yuks in now

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 10:42 @ Kevin
edited by Jay, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 11:03

Take a shot if you want. I'll stand by that post. What Kelly picked up from Charlie was infinitely better than what Charlie picked up from Ty. Obviously there was plenty of work still to do.

I agreed with that.

by Kevin @, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 11:14 @ Jay

Still do. I also agree that the program would be in better shape for a new coach in 2013 than it was in 2009. I was mentioned elsewhere in that post for a reason -- I wrote with you guys because I loved that site and was honored to be asked to contribute. I still think we agree far more often and in far more respects than we disagree.

I don't have any interest in participating in the discussions here, any more than most guys here would care to wade in there. That's just the state of things right now.

But I do not write there to take shots aimed back here. I find the cross-talk (pun intended) beneath both forums. Initially, that's why if I had an issue with what was said here, I responded here. That didn't go over so well, and I understand why. If it looks like something I write there is a brushback heading this way, that's not the intent -- I mean only to respond to what's posted there.

Also, what I wrote there this morning actually goes to a point of divergence with them, not you. I have more confidence in Swarbrick than many there do, and what I wrote there this morning tracks that. Swarbrick is a serious man, and I wouldn't want to fuck up for long on his watch. I also think, as we've discussed in the past, that Jenkins wants to win. If business doesn't pick up relatively soon, I think Jack and John will prove it.

[Edit: Great, now I look like a psycho, spending four paragraphs replying to a question that no longer exists. Don't you know it's poor form to edit and delete posts on ND internet forums?]

I had already deleted my snark

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 11:16 @ Kevin
edited by Jay, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 11:26

Feel free to take out that part of the response if you want to (or not). It's all good.

agreed on the cross chatter

by HumanRobot @, Cybertron, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 11:16 @ Kevin

And most everything else.

Well...

by FunkDoctorSpock, Your Nightmares, B* tches, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 10:56 @ Jay

it could be argued that, coming off a three year stretch where the program:

-Went 16-21 and -1.76 points per game, and
-Had exactly one scholarship QB (coming off a torn ACL and who had thrown a grand total of 20 passes in his career)on the roster, and
-fielded the worst defense at ND during the modern era

Kelly was inheriting some significant drawbacks, too. Whether that makes it worse, I can't say. What I do know is that the QB situation was objectively worse for Kelly (Faust inherited Blair Kiel, Holtz inherited Beurlein, Davie inherited Powlus, Willingham inherited Holiday and Lovecchio, and Weis inherited Quinn)than any new head coach at ND in quite some time, and was the first coach since Ara to take over the program after a three year stretch where ND had a losing record.

People looked at Quinn when Weis was hired

by JN @, Seattle, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 12:09 @ FunkDoctorSpock

And said "well, at least we're set at QB"? Huh. I don't recall exactly but that wasn't how I remember it. I suspect people in 2009 thought a junior 5-star QB was at least as safe a bet as BQ was in 2005 based on what he'd done his first 2 years.

Not "at least as safe a bet"

by CK08, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 12:35 @ JN

Quinn had started for almost two full seasons when Weis took over. Crist had played against Purdue (and mostly run zone-read) and in garbage time against Nevada and Washington State (and got hurt). That was the entirety of his experience.

That said, you're right that it wasn't a foregone conclusion that Quinn would become the superstar that he did.

It absolutely was not a foregone conclusion.

by FunkDoctorSpock, Your Nightmares, B* tches, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 12:38 @ CK08

Agree 100%.

Maybe you're right...

by FunkDoctorSpock, Your Nightmares, B* tches, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 12:28 @ JN

But I think most coaches would prefer to inherit the former consensus 4 star, Scout Top 100, rising junior who had already thrown for over 4300 yards and 26 TDs, even if he also had thrown 25 TDs too, over the consensus 5 star who was coming off a knee injury and had 20 attempts, 1 TD, and 1 INT in his career.

Oh, you mean Brady Poop-Squat Quinn?

by Geoff, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 12:23 @ JN

The guy who overthrew WRs? The guy who threw the deep pass instead of check downs? Weis developed Quinn so much that Quinn became a Heisman contender. I don't think people doubted Quinn's talent, but most fans probably realized he received no coaching under Ty. (Who did?)

Kelly inherited a top prospect in Dayne Crist...who proceeded to implode and turn almost every one of his appearances into a debacle. Where Quinn was an iron man who stayed healthy most of his career, Crist was injury prone and easily blinded.

Thankfully, Weis had Quinn in 2005. I don't even want think about what might have happened if Quinn performed for Weis like Crist did for Kelly.

If Quinn's performance is to Weis's credit....

by bk, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 14:12 @ Geoff

Why isn't Crist's performance an indictment of Kelly? And when you couple what Crist did with Rees's arguable declining performance and the failure to develop Hendrix enough to win the spot, I think reasonable people could express more than a little concern over Kelly's ability to develop quarterbacks.

Of course, Kelly's success developing QBs at his other stops belies his complete incompetence in that aspect of coaching.

21 games started vs. 0

by BPH, San Diego, Friday, July 06, 2012, 10:17 @ bk

685 passing attempts vs. 20.

Zero major surgeries vs. one (and soon to be two).

No further explanation is needed, I don't think. As for Rees, let's not forget we're talking about a kid in his true freshman and true sophomore years who wasn't highly recruited and who possesses obvious physical limitations.

I think it's very possible

by CW (Rakes) @, Harlan County, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 14:24 @ bk
edited by CW (Rakes), Thursday, July 05, 2012, 15:30

That Kelly had one quarterback that was too physically limited (Tommy Rees) and another that was injury-prone and capable of some Rees-like decisions of his own, to go along with an affinity for gopher-balled out routes (Crist). I question why Hendrix wasn't played more, but it's not like he didn't make mistakes and show a slight lack of touch in his appearances, either. He also had the opportunity to spell Rees, so his running real fast and throwing real far seemed even faster and farther in comparison.

If Kelly can't scratch out a competent QB this season I will be very concerned, but his track record over the half-decade before coming to ND (LeFevour, Pike, Collaros, Mauk) gives me confidence that he has some idea of how to do it. Perhaps the previous development had more to do with a now-departed assistant than Kelly, but we'll have a better idea of that after the season.

I agree with CW

by Geoff, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 15:28 @ CW (Rakes)

CW offered a clearer post. Posted much better than I could.
If no serviceable QB emerges this year, then I'm going to become a Cleveland Browns fan. Just for the spite of it.

As a Browns fan, I'm going to advise against that.

by MHB (Rakes of Mallow), Chicago, IL, United States, Earth-199999, Friday, July 06, 2012, 08:45 @ Geoff

[ No text ]

Also, Weis repeatedly stated Quinn was "battle-tested"...

by FunkDoctorSpock, Your Nightmares, B* tches, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 14:17 @ bk

...when he took over:

Weis was the offensive coordinator with the New England Patriots when they won their three Super Bowls and he helped develop Tom Brady from a sixth round draft pick into a future Hall of Famer. Weis was the ideal coach for Quinn. He took the young quarterback's physical skills and polished them into an All-American gloss.

"He had already been battle-tested for two years by the time I got him," Weis told Mark Schlabach of ESPN.com. "I already had a good product to work with. Throw on top of that the fact the kid is smart, he's passionate and wants to be great. I already had something special to work with. He is some kind of player. He's special."

Quinn said Weis' influence on his game was "more psychological than mechanical."

"When he first got here, we were working on some mechanical things and technique," Quinn said, "but pretty much from the first season on, it's been a lot about understanding defensive schemes and our offense and how you break down different teams and just different situational thinking. It's been a lot of mental things that he's played a big part in as far as my development.

"Coach Weis is someone who is going to push you to your limits and he's going to push you past where you think you can go to make sure you're getting better and to get you to reach that next level."

my main thought

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 11:02 @ FunkDoctorSpock

There wasn't this huge recruiting air bubble working its way through the system that would result in playing over a dozen guys before they're ready, and a 3-9 season in year 3.

Understood.

by FunkDoctorSpock, Your Nightmares, B* tches, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 11:13 @ Jay

Weis was set up better for short term success (a pro style QB with over twenty starts who had already attempted close to 700 passes, the entire starting OL back, the leading receiver and rusher, a rising junior class that ended up being the best at ND in a decade) but I think Kelly was set up better for long term success.

That's true. However, Charlie left several significant

by BillyGoat, At Thanksgiving with Joe Bethersontin, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 11:07 @ Jay

roster gaps due to his strategic recruiting failures. Specifically:

- DL other than the NSD 2008 Class.
- DB of any and all shapes and sizes (especially in the 2009 class -- but we could have used a couple more in 2007 and 2008).
- QB in 2009.

And, good heavens, he and his staff couldn't evaluate LBs to save their lives.

Now, is this even remotely on par with Tyrone's results? No. And some of Charlie's own recruiting successes (Ethan Johnson, Ian Williams and Eric Olsen, in particular) had to get thrown to the wolves immediately, instead of getting the chance to develop for a year.

You're both right...

by scriptcomesfirst @, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 11:06 @ Jay

And both wrong. Jay is wrong about the Avengers & Funk is wrong about Pearl Jam.

I would like to hear a dissenting opinion.

by KGB, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 10:55 @ Jay
edited by KGB, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 10:59

I'd like someone to offer a little constructive insight as to what Jenkins has not done or is not doing that he should be. But I have no inclination to wade through an entire page chock full o' shit with vague, hackneyed references to "rudderless leadership" and tinfoil-clad rationalizations about what evil geniuses Alabama were to have offered and been completely played by Rich Rodriguez in their long-con game of luring Nick Saban away from the job in Miami that he hated. If I wanted that, I would just go whole-hog, yank a random journal off John Doe's bookshelf from Se7en and fully immerse myself in the crazy.

the most salient dissent is really

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 11:26 @ KGB

just a recitation of the prior two seasons; that is, despite the good intentions, we still lost games we shouldn't have. And: when will this stop?

Can you ever expect it to really stop, though?

by Jeremy (WeIsND), Offices of Babip Pecota Vorp & Eckstein, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 13:12 @ Jay

Obviously, it would be nice if he only lost, say, one, maybe two, games he should have won per season. Even though the schedule looks like its going to start easing up a bit after this year, there's always going to be several landmines in there. Heck, even St. Lou only went undefeated once.

The Navys, Tulsas, and South Floridas have to stop

by CK08, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 15:40 @ Jeremy (WeIsND)

One more of those is one too many.

However, when people call Michigan State 2010, Michigan 2011, or USC 2011 "losses to teams we should have beaten" I cringe a little. Those are the kind of games that any team can drop at any time. If those are the only games that Kelly loses, we'll be doing pretty well.

That's gold, Jerry. Gold

by scriptcomesfirst @, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 11:04 @ KGB

[ No text ]

This may be the origin.

by LaFortune Teller ⌂ @, South Bend, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 09:01 @ KGB

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2001/12/18/col_327059.shtml

This time, however, expectations are high the school will pursue a big name as it tries to fill the job for the second time in just over a week.

"Those expectations are completely out of whack with our history," Notre Dame spokesman Lou Nanni said. "If you look back at the great coaches that we've had at Notre Dame, virtually none of them has come to us from the top of their profession."

That may be it.

by KGB, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 09:59 @ LaFortune Teller

For some reason, I thought that White said it, although Nanni makes sense, too.

To be clear, I believe that ND should initially swing for the fences on every coaching hire, and not just for football. But to think that securing a candidate at the pinnacle of the profession is a reasonable goal in any given search is just mindbogglingly dim and woefully ignorant of our own history as well as that of every other power program in the country.

Can't find the exact quote

by Domer99, John Wesley Powell's Expedition Island, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 08:39 @ KGB
edited by Domer99, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 10:02

but I recall reading something to that effect in Jim Dent's book Resurrection.

But if you want to read something herectical, just check out this essay by Father Ted submitted to Sports Illustrated in 1954.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1128934/1/index.htm

It's the type of stuff that would start a lynch mob with today's fan base, which is why I think there's a large faction of ND fans that tend to have revisionist history about these sorts of things.

didn't Holtz take a pay cut to come to ND?

by HumanRobot @, Cybertron, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 07:50 @ Bill

Sounds like the definition of LHF.

A repost from an article

by Domer99, John Wesley Powell's Expedition Island, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 07:59 @ HumanRobot

"Again, I was lucky. The guy (Holtz) was there. We were friends. Our (son) Tim and Skip (Holtz's son) went to school together. And I knew Lou wanted the job.

"There were some things that could have gotten in between us. I think he actually got offered (another) job right about the same time he was coming to Notre Dame. I was so fortunate. And Lou knew he wasn't going to make a lot of money. In fact, he took a big bite to come here.

A "big bite"? That is the epitome of low-hanging fruit.

Post of full article linked:

http://bluegraysky.com/forum/index.php?id=92134

he did

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 07:55 @ HumanRobot

[ No text ]

I also thought that Frs Ted and/or Ned were more involved

by Jeff (BGS), A starter home in suburban Tempe, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 07:29 @ Bill

It was a different time back then, but I thought Hesburgh and Joyce were more involved in hiring coaches than Jenkins is today (or any university president). It's not a knock on Jenkins, just a reflection on how things were run back then vs today.

As an aside

by Domer99, John Wesley Powell's Expedition Island, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 08:07 @ Jeff (BGS)
edited by Domer99, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 10:00

I have it on pretty good authority, despite others' loud protests to the contrary, that Jenkins cares deeply about the football program's success. He very much wants ND to be back on top of the college football world.

Now, whether he knows how to navigate that process might be another issue. But it's really not in his job description to be able to do so. He just needs to make sure that the AD has the tools and resources to allow the program to develop. So far, I can't think of anything he's done to get in the way.

This is not your older brother's Monk Malloy. Anybody who compares him to Monk has no idea about Jenkins' platform.

I get that sense too, and yet

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 08:45 @ Domer99
edited by Jay, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 08:56

I don't think anybody needs to rely on divining Jenkins' innermost thoughts on Notre Dame football to get a sense of his motivations. There are tangible, public changes that we can see with our own eyes that tell you everything you need to know about ND's current priorities.

Didn't Jenkins fly out to meet Urban Meyer?

by Bill, Southern California, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 07:41 @ Jeff (BGS)

I'd certainly be interested in hearing *specific* things that folks think need to be done to bring Notre Dame back to championship level (besides of course, "hire Nick Saban"). But this whole "Notre Dame isn't committed to winning" mantra has a kind of "the Gods must be angry" ring to it.

who's saying that?

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 07:50 @ Bill

Anybody saying that with a straight face isn't paying attention.

We admitted a kid as an early enrollee who wasn't academically qualified, who also happened to be a top 5 player at a position of dire need. When he flamed out we covered it up with a b.s. story about medical privacy.

Not "committed"?

To quote R. Lee Ermey: Who said that? Who the fuck said that?

The 'meanies'

by Bill, Southern California, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 08:15 @ Jay

[ No text ]

okay

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 09:00 @ Bill

I see there is yet another inter-site conversation going on. Yawn.

Bugs Meany?

by FunkDoctorSpock, Your Nightmares, B* tches, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 08:28 @ Bill

Blame KGB, he was the one who referenced Encyclopedia Brown last week!!

That guy sold me Stonewall Jackson's sword - it's engraved!

by MattG, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 10:40 @ FunkDoctorSpock

"Presented After the First Battle of Bull Run, August 21, 1861".

If there's anything wrong with the sword Bugs will give me a refund when he gets back from his penguin watching tour of the north pole.

The hood of the car is still warm!

by Dylan, Santa Barbara, CA, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 10:42 @ MattG

[ No text ]

There was nothing in the pocket that would "jingle" the coin

by Savage, Around Ye Olde Colonial College, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 10:47 @ Dylan

[ No text ]

Actually, I think it was Owen.

by BillyGoat, At Thanksgiving with Joe Bethersontin, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 09:54 @ FunkDoctorSpock

[ No text ]

I once got a stone from Danny Fisher

by scriptcomesfirst @, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 11:10 @ BillyGoat

Nice kid.

Yes, Fr. Jenkins arrived in Utah complete with police escort

by hobbs, San Diego, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 07:46 @ Bill
edited by hobbs, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 07:52

and helicopters overhead when he traveled from the airport to meet with Meyer. It was apparently quite the scene for the natives.

Personally, I have always blamed White for the Meyer fiasco. Rule number one for any mildly competent CEO is never put the boss in a position where he can be rejected and have his prestige diminished. White failed miserably on this account.

is there a better AD in country?

by JD in Portland ⌂, Portland OR, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 21:15 @ KGB

The guy is going a great job.
Love your rant. Tommy Tuberville, ha, made me chuckle. Well done.

I thoroughly enjoy reading KGB rants

by bpeters07 @, Sack Lake City, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 19:53 @ KGB

[ No text ]

They're even more amazing in person.

by FunkDoctorSpock, Your Nightmares, B* tches, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 07:18 @ bpeters07

[ No text ]

Same here. They make my day

by Busco21, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 21:00 @ bpeters07

[ No text ]

Schad reports

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 15:04 @ Jay

374427 Postings in 32689 Threads, 204 registered users, 73 users online (1 registered, 72 guests)
Contact