I do as Master wishes.

by Pat (Moco), Bar, Urban Chophouse Short North, Thursday, October 27, 2011, 07:32 (4555 days ago) @ Jay
edited by Pat (Moco), Thursday, October 27, 2011, 09:04

The way things have played out, I now see the following divisions amongst the fanbase:

[image]

1. Pro-Jumbo, Like Kelly
-Love him no mater what he does or says, i.e. would have to kill a puppy but even then they'll just start to hate dogs.

2. Pro-Jumbo, Wary on Coach
-Thinks a jumbo brings more positives than negatives but have not made up their minds on the coach

3. Pro-Jumbo, Hate Kelly
-Nothing Kelly does would save him in their minds but they love gigantic video screens.
-I think these people are a myth since I have yet to encounter one.

4. Anti-Jumbo, Like Kelly
-Want to preserve ND in its traditional state but generally favor the coach and like the direction the team is headed in.

5. Anti-Jumbo, Wary on Coach
-Same as above but want more time to decide whether or not Kelly has the team headed in the right direction
-I think this is one of the more popular positions.

6. Anti-Jumbo, Hate Kelly
-Think Kelly is all that is wrong with the world and his suggestion of a jumbo is poisoning the sanctity of Notre Dame

7. Indifferent/Wary Jumbo, Like Kelly
-Don't care about the jumbos OR concerned about them but not up-in-arms and love the coach because he leads the lads.

8. Indifferent/Wary Jumbo, Wary on Coach
-Don't really care about a jumbotron/concerned about it's use if implemented but want more time to decide if Kelly is Holtz.
-I think this is another popular selection.

9. Indifferent/Wary Jumbo, Hates Kelly
-Pretty much what it says, though, like with the one above, I doubt any of these people exist.

10. Pro-"Whatever the obnoxious fans don't want simply because they don't want it because their ranting is comical", Wary on Coach
-Generally don't care one way or the other on a video board and are waiting to make up their mind on the coach but find a particular segment of the fanbase so obnoxious that they favor the exact opposite whatever said-portion of the fanbase supports so as to wallow in said-portion of the fanbase's misery.
-It should be noted that this position doesn't want Notre Dame to fail at all or make a decision simply to piss off a portion of the fanbase. Rather, they are 8s but with an addendum, i.e. 8s in reality but find themselves leaning towards 2 because of said-fans.
-I think this is where I fit.

Tags:
charts, potpourri

Complete thread: