Seconding just meditation in general, book rec

by irishoutsider @, Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 04:34 (1549 days ago) @ fightinamish

It's a long but steady progress to dealing with the racing thoughts that come with anxiety.
Try a few minutes a day, every day, and see how it goes before committing to more routines like night time wind-downs etc. I swear by Headspace, but I know others with a strong preference for Calm.

Caffeine is great, but I try to keep everything inside 10am-2pm. The former gives me time to properly "wake up" without caffeine, and the latter makes sure its out of my system before bed.

Screens and bedtime. I'm embracing middle age and saying well, I'd probably be happier going to bed before/by 10 than firing up Netflix for that so-called magic hour after all the4 domestic duties are taken care of

Work. Different for everyone but man have I learned that a little bit of optimism goes a long way.

Generally, I found the book Make Time to be a kind of toolbox of ideas to deal with the assortment of things that can contribute to things like this. Work, Life, Personal etc

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Make-Time-focus-matters-every/dp/0593079582/ref=asc_df_0593079...

Complete thread: