One thing I definitely disagree with you on

by Mark, O Town, Sunday, November 10, 2019, 12:17 (1600 days ago) @ ReginaldVelJohnson
edited by Mark, Sunday, November 10, 2019, 12:25

But playing him because he was the QB on a Playoff team last year--and not because his actual performance--is about sentimentality, not respect.

Prior to Brian Kelly's arrival at ND, ND hadn't had back to back double digit winning seasons since 1993. That means kids today dont know ND used be a winning program. So, I still believe a 10 win season, maybe 11 with a bowl victory, would be quite significant for ND.

Lou Holtz had 5 seasons out of 6 having 10 or more wins & then ND left the national conversation in any significant form. Currently, 3 of Brian Kelly's last 4 seasons have resulted in a team finishing with double digit wins (&4 of the last 7). I think winning one more 10+ win season is significant for ND's program.

At one point, I thought Brian Kelly was just going to be an 8-5 coach at ND, but he now has the program looking/expecting to win 10+ wins for 4 of the last 5 seasons. He's improving his program, and not yet on the downside of his coaching at ND.

Keep winning now, of which, Ian Book is a significant reason why ND's lackluster (young) OL, WR, TEs and RBs still continue to do enough to win. Its Ian Book's performance that keeps ND in this hunt for a 10+ win season, not sentimentality.

10+ wins & WINNING this year's bowl game would be valuable for ND's program imo, more so than prepping a young QB that doesn't give ND as good of a chance to win today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Notre_Dame_Fighting_Irish_football_seasons

--
"2020 ... Let's win it all ..."

Complete thread: