On it but use it very sporadically

by Jack @, Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 15:01 (2222 days ago) @ Grantland
edited by Jack, Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 15:16

There are stretches when I'll barely look at it for weeks other than a quick cursory check of whether I have any notifications.

I do use it to keep in contact with far flung relatives and former co-workers, and high school and college classmates, and the biggest value has been getting in touch with people from long in the past that I lost contact with - in other words, the whole original purpose of the thing as laid out by the Winklevoss twins, I mean Zuckerberg.

I reconnected with one of my ND roommates through FB that I hadn't been in touch with for 25 years. It turns out he's been at at least one home game every year and I never happened to run into him, but he found me somehow on FB and we've stayed in touch and have tailgated multiple times since.

I also got back in touch with two of my best friends from grade school that I'd also lost contact with after we went to different high schools.

But the day to day stuff, dog pictures and all that? Yeaaaah, no. And NO politics whatsoever, especially now. Go political and I will unfollow or if really obnoxious, unfriend in a heartbeat, and have. That's not why I'm there.

Complete thread: