the Polo Grounds

Back to the forum index
Open in thread

GOP making mischief

by hobbs, San Diego, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 11:30 @ Grantland
edited by hobbs, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 11:36

If I were employed by the RNC and saw the "zero tolerance" policy that Democrats have effectively adopted with pushing Franken out, I'd game their situation to our benefit.

I'd take a quick look at all male Democrat Senators who are serving under Republican governors. From that list I'd could pick 1 or 2 senators and have some state operatives find some people to make accusations against those Senators. One or two accusations isn't going to bring a Senator down but as the numbers grow so will pressure on Democrats to hold to the Franken doctrine.

If Dems hold that line (and the LIBERAL media will hammer them on holding the line), the Senator would resign and then our Republican Governor would get to appoint his replacement. There is nothing that states that the Govenor has to appoint a replacement from the same party. In fact 3 months ago the Administration floated an idea to appoint WV Senator Manchin to the EPA. The result of that would have been the Gov, who had just switched his party affiliation from Democrat to Republican, would have appointed a Republican replacement for Manchin and thus increased the GOPs hold in the Senate.

The Govenor wouldn't even have to be brazen about stealing the seat. He/She could either appoint a nominal democrat who follows the GOP line. Or they could seat a weak Democrat that makes the seat ripe for picking off at the next election.

I'll say one thing about Republicans. They play to win.

Complete thread:

374289 Postings in 32676 Threads, 204 registered users, 65 users online (1 registered, 64 guests)
Contact