the Polo Grounds

Back to the forum index
Open in thread

As you said in Point 2

by Jeremy (WeIsND), Offices of Babip Pecota Vorp & Eckstein, Monday, December 04, 2017, 09:47 @ Mike (bart)

We know ND kids aren't angels. But we also know they can't take short cuts. Because not only do they get caught, but we freaking report ourselves to the NCAA when it happens.

I know that Stanford prides itself on athletes having to pass the rigorous admissions process in order to get on campus. And perhaps it is possible that this helps weed out the kids who can't "hack it" academically. But I just can't get over the fact that Stanford has never suspended a kid for a game, a semester, etc. for an academic issue since Harbaugh's time (basically coinciding with the rise of their program).

Isn't the easier explanation that they look the other way when it comes to that stuff? That their classwork is not that rigorous?

I like the thought made in this thread, and elsewhere as well, that ND should allow football players to back off their course load during the fall semesters. These kids are on campus year round and take summer classes. None of them have trouble graduating in 4 years, and in fact most of them are done before that time. There's no reason for them to have 15 credit hours in the fall.

Complete thread:

374432 Postings in 32691 Threads, 204 registered users, 74 users online (0 registered, 74 guests)
Contact