the Polo Grounds

Back to the forum index
Open in thread

responding to everyone

by Mike (bart), Monday, December 04, 2017, 09:33 @ Mike (bart)

I don't have the time or energy to litigate all these points but the facts are out there if you want them (e.g., Navy actually and a great late season record the past 4 years, Stanford has consistently improved over the course of the season, guys at other schools actually do go to class, etc.)

At a macro-level, if you want to take the position that every other school has it better than us -- that we are uniquely disadvantaged because of student-athlete issues -- I just have a hard time buying that. I have a hard time buying it for three reasons:

1) It's not something that manifests for ND when we enter November as an also-ran

2) It assumes that ND and ND guys are all angels in this department, which I think we know is not the case

3) This is a more personal assessment (read: bullshit) reason but it just seems like way too convenient an explanation. Don't even worry about responding to this point if you don't agree with it, just feel free to disregard.

Complete thread:

374432 Postings in 32691 Threads, 204 registered users, 71 users online (1 registered, 70 guests)
Contact