the Polo Grounds

Back to the forum index
Open in thread

I don't want to pay any tax.

by domer.mq ? @, Monday, December 04, 2017, 09:18 @ JN

That said, I'm fully aware that I have to pay some sort of tax. Otherwise, my daily commute would be far more difficult, I'd probably get robbed along the way, and the question of "where" I am and "where" I'm going would be constantly in flux. But I still think it's utterly absurd that because I'm "more successful" than other people - at least in terms of an annual income - I have to pay a higher percentage of taxes than the less successful. Except for one thing: I get the sense that that sort of absurd agreement is part of the glue that holds a civilization together. I get to pay more of my money in taxes for the privilege of not having the country completely fall apart and then being eaten by the starving masses.

And that's what concerns me about this bill. It's such a stark violation of this agreement between the haves and the have-nots. I am very worried it's a real "let them eat cake" sort of moment. It just may take a decade for the folks seeking bread to realize it.

---
Sometimes I rhyme slow sometimes I rhyme quick.

Complete thread:

374367 Postings in 32685 Threads, 204 registered users, 70 users online (1 registered, 69 guests)
Contact