the Polo Grounds

Back to the forum index
Open in thread

I do want discussion

by Domer99, John Wesley Powell's Expedition Island, Saturday, December 02, 2017, 10:41 @ Turtlecrack

I also want transparency. I want policy that matches the rhetoric that these politicians promised to get elected.

That's not what I see from this bill. I don't see fiscal responsibility (a long-time strawman from GOP conservatives). I don't see easing the economic situation for the middle class. I am worried about potential broken healthcare promises made to the elderly. I also see a very bullshit process that sought to hide any reasonable analyses on this bill (and I feel that same way no matter what party is doing it).

This was done for the the Kochs, Devos's, Scaifes, Olins of the world. And it was done at the peril of the long-term future of the republican party. A large constituency that put this president in power is going to be negatively impacted by this bravado to simply get some legislative "win."

Complete thread:

374417 Postings in 32688 Threads, 204 registered users, 100 users online (7 registered, 93 guests)
Contact