the Polo Grounds

Back to the forum index
Open in thread

It will be a fascinating acid test for Randian economics.

by MattG, Saturday, December 02, 2017, 08:57 @ JN

For once and for all, the conservative economic theory will be put to the test. They have gotten absolutely everything they wanted.

We have a known status quo - tax policy has been generally stable over the last 2 administrations, and we have seen about a decade of steady, non-explosive-but-consistent growth every quarter.

Now, we have a known variable. This is, for better or worse, a massive shift in how the economy will function.

If this fails wildly, will the Paul Ryans of the world reevaluate their dogma? No. They will attempt to balance the budget on the backs of the “lazy welfare poor” who they just shivved.

I literally cannot believe that a unified GOP government raised my taxes. I hate the rest of their policies with my entire being - In most cases, i think they run from vaguely immoral to comically evil.

But as a well-off white guy, I expected to be bought off. I anticipated the moral quandary of “yes, we are fucking over the poor, but look at your W2!” Now, I get the white supremacy AND I lose all my deductions. I’m not even mad, I’m almost impressed they pulled it off.

Complete thread:

374427 Postings in 32689 Threads, 204 registered users, 70 users online (1 registered, 69 guests)
Contact