That looked like a damn Globetrotters game.

by KGB, Belly o. the Beast, Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 06:48 (2319 days ago) @ Jeremy (WeIsND)
edited by KGB, Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 07:02

LSU probably isn't great by any stretch, but they do have some kids who are plenty athletic. They had no business being on the same court as us last night.

The first thing that struck me was how active we were with our hands defensively, jumping or reaching into passing lanes and generally being a major pain in the ass looking for steals and forced turnovers. Really impressive stuff and such a far cry of where we were as a team just a couple of years ago. The other thing was that the movement on offense was constant. The ball was always moving, the players were almost always moving -- even with some guys who haven't had much experience in the rotation, it already looked like a well-oiled machine. In November (!). Brey now has most of the pieces in place -- a big like Laszewski is basically the last of it -- and the system clicking on all cylinders. Coach K should probably just go ahead and fucking retire right now, because we are going to continue to wear his ass out for the next 5 years. Maybe he can convince one of his assistants to crack him across the back with an aluminum bat and he can go on gimp sabbatical again.

Individually, Farrell looks a touch stronger and quicker than he did a year ago, and his confidence as a playmaker is overwhelming. I think he's primed for a huge season. Bonzie is Bonzie; he makes some really tough shots look easy. By the end of the game, I was convinced that Dakich was going to try to pork TJ Gibbs. Can't say I blame him. If last night was a fair representation -- if towards the high end -- of what we can expect from TJ this season, holy shit. Geben works so well with Farrell on the pick-and-roll, and he managed to avoid taking a lot of the cheap fouls he took a year ago, which would be an important step forward. Harvey is still getting acclimated but his potential is obvious. Should he continue to earn 15-20 mpg, he's going to be an incredible asset by the time March rolls around. Mooney looked very good out there, and sank a couple shots in addition to cleaning up around the glass. Would've liked to have seen more of Djogo, but beggars can't be choosers.

Complete thread: