Sorry

by Eric M, Western New York, Saturday, December 10, 2016, 15:34 (2665 days ago) @ Rob (Rakes of Mallow)

That's the best you have?

No, it is not.

Jack said one of the best coaching jobs he's ever seen.

Yup, and that's why I corrected his mis-quote, thanks.

I'm sure he wasnt talking about "one of the best hundred he's seen".

I bet you are pretty sure about that. I mean, you could just take what he said at face value but evidently you're a mind reader.

You're grasping at straws if you can't take anything the other side says because he didn't get the quote exactly right.

It's but one example. Ya'll keep wondering why, why, why and it's because there's so much simple shit like this that gets perverted when it doesn't need to be. Cooler heads keep pointing this out but instead it's just digging in and doubling down.

It was a ridiculous statement by Jack.

Of course, it was said numerously by people all over the country during the off-season. Here's Bill C. from back in May, for example:

Kelly's Fighting Irish suffered a little bit of bad turnover luck, lost their starting running back in the first week of the season, lost their quarterback in the second week and dealt with a secondary that was banged up all year. They were adapting on the fly, from fall camp through November...

...Kelly deserved more votes [National Coach of the Year] than the one of 60 he received. His squad took on more adversity than almost any other and handled it with aplomb.

With a redshirt freshman at quarterback and a wide receiver at running back, Notre Dame ranked seventh in Off. S&P+. And while the defense ranked only 35th in Def. S&P+ -- even with injuries in the secondary, a unit with this recruiting should produce better results -- it still held nine opponents under 30 points, typically good enough when you've got a top-10 offense. And even with iffy defense, Notre Dame had one of the most consistent teams in the country, which is remarkable considering the youth at quarterback.

This was Kelly's best coaching job; this might have been Kelly's best team, even better than the one that made the 2012 BCS Championship. (S&P+ says 2012 was slightly better, but only slightly.)

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/5/16/11663944/notre-dame-football-2016-pr...

It's literally not a controversial statement in the least bit from Swarbrick.

--
-Ya boy Jackmerius Tacktheritrix

Complete thread: