This is an area of disconnect with the pitchfork carriers

by Jeremy (WeIsND), Offices of Babip Pecota Vorp & Eckstein, Friday, December 09, 2016, 09:47 (2666 days ago) @ BillyGoat

Many of those who are supporting this uprising have said in the past that they are firmly against the way that Kelly and Co have turned the Gug into a hangout, and are against having "training table" type meals more than once a week. If that's the case, you can't be surprised that 18 and 19 yr old kids aren't doing a great job watching what they eat at all times, given what's available to them at the dining halls, and the fact that there are times (quite often apparently) that the dining halls are closed before practice ends, leaving the players looking for options like Burger King and Sbarro.

If you're going to demand that our players be well-oiled machines, with a strength and conditioning program that gets them to perform at the highest possible levels, it seems almost impossible to achieve this without a greater level of oversight into what they're doing in the time they AREN'T at practice/film study and class.

I've always loved the fact that ND players live in dorms, have lives outside of football, have friends outside of the team, etc. But in this day and age, I don't see how the two cultures (well rounded individuals with free time vs. badass football playing machines) mix in a healthy way.

Complete thread: