I honestly think the most important point

by Buffalo @, The Dirty South, Wednesday, December 07, 2016, 08:36 (2668 days ago) @ hobbs

There are reasonably large groups of alumni and interested followers who believe the management of the football program over the past several years has been delinquent. I did not participate in the funding or design of the ad, so I can't speak for those folks who did. I post relatively infrequently both here and on NDNation. I think the creators of the ad needed some outlet in which to express their outrage. I do not begrudge that, nor do I think they deserve ridicule for it.

Let's face it: like many other high-affinity institutions, there is a fair amount of navel-gazing going on at Notre Dame. This is not limited to the athletic department. Jack Swarbrick's interview last week really set people off (indeed, I thought it was completely contrived and unnecessarily patronizing). The idea that people wanted to take a drastic step to criticize the administration of the football program causes me not one iota of concern, especially when it remains unclear whether there are folks within the administration who think that the program's current status and trajectory are unsatisfactory.

Complete thread: