It isn't about scoring "magical bonus points"...

by Mobster, Saturday, November 05, 2016, 18:43 (2700 days ago) @ Eric M
edited by Mobster, Saturday, November 05, 2016, 18:48

it's about making Notre Dame a high performing organization. The logic you describe is precisely what has paved the road to our current predicament.

If Jack is not ready to fire a coach at any time, it clearly shows he hasn't been doing his job. We can't rationalize waiting another year to allow our AD to be better prepared when that is precisely his fucking job. What if instead of this shit sandwich of a season, Kelly was caught with a dead girl or a live boy. JS would have to hire a new coach this year. Would you be willing to give him a pass for being unprepared in that situation? I sure as shit wouldn't.

My point is that a significant part of the job of the Notre Dame athletic director is to be prepared to fire and hire a football coach at all times. Hell it should be responsibility 1 - 50.
If he isn't prepared to fire Kelly and hire a suitable replacement this year..... any year, then he himself should be relieved of his duties. If we don't hold people accountable to perform the most important function of their job, then what the fuck are we doing?

Complete thread: