I'm not talking about skinheads and folks...

by domer.mq ⌂ @, Tuesday, May 31, 2016, 10:03 (2859 days ago) @ Jay

with tattoos of iron crosses. I'm talking about the folks with whom I grew up. Folks with a big house, a beach house, maybe even a river house too if the inheritance fell right. Folks who get up each morning thinking about if they should drive the Suburban or the big-ass truck to work their job that allows for all that stuff plus an hour and a half lunch and a quitting time early enough to play 9 before dinner. Folks who have all that and still use the N-word and the S-word to describe the region's predominant minority groups any time anything goes wrong and could even slightly be perceived as the fault of minorities.

And slightly down the economic ladder. The folks who own 3 types of fishing boats and a $50K truck, all because they spend their days building cabinets and installing flooring for the first group. Day-to-day non-racists who, just as soon as news hits that some white kids went missing, will immediately believe the mother who said a black man took them even though in truth she just drove the kids into a lake. (That actually fucking happened.)

THOSE people, plus the stereotypical skinheads, plus the rednecks? There are TONS of those people.

--
Sometimes I rhyme slow sometimes I rhyme quick.

Complete thread: