OT - MattG & Madtown you magnificent bastards

by hobbs, San Diego, CA, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 22:43 (3256 days ago)
edited by hobbs, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 02:13

[image]

How someone ever finds that place without hearing about beforehand it I do not know, but boy its sure worth the effort. Can't thank Matt enough for the guide pictures. Without those I never would have found the place. I got really lucky. I wasn't even looking for it at first. I was just shooting the Flemish architecture in the Markt, when I ended up outside the 'La Belgique Gourmande'. I remembered the reddish sign from Matt's link and looked right and there was the entrance. So in I went.

I was dubious about you guys claim of 'best beer' but after sampling the product I have to concur. Its the best damn beer I've ever tasted. It easily lapped every other beer I tried in Europe. Its got a very distinctive smooth taste that goes down with a little kick. The cheese also works really well with it. The locals, at least those who were around me from elsewhere, were really friendly. I had about 3 glasses, then went down by the canal to get some pictures, and I was feeling nice.

Really can't think you guys enough for the tip. Finding that place was one of the highlights of Bruges.

My only regret is that I wasn't able to spend a night there to do some long exposures capturing the canals water reflections during sunset.

[image]

[image]

Complete thread: