"rockie" has another one over there

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Friday, December 19, 2014, 08:45 (3387 days ago)

Dot, here it is
Posted on December 19, 2014 at 10:58:07 AM by Rockie

Dot, I ask the question to my source, how is this time different than the last time and here is the answer. Again, take it FWIW:

Last time Jim had no handshake anything, that, like all the crap on espn or from the anti JH people, it's BS. Harbaugh never liked the AD before Brandon (thought he was in over his head) and when Brandon was AD they never even reached out to him because it was a known fact amongst his circle that he would not coach under Brandon's watch. Also, there was a half-hearted offer by Brandon, that was never a real serious offer. This was done so Brandon could say he made an offer. But Brady Hoke's agent had an offer in September of that year and Brandon never reached out to Jim till October of that year and it was not a serious offer. What's different this time, and it's everything I said since September at our tailgate when I first said JH would come to Michigan. Everyone outside of out tailgate wanted to laugh me out because I said Jim and John were both personal friends and they are both very close with my brother. So I said 3 things needed to happen for Jim to even consider ever coaching Michigan
1)Brandon gone
2)A competent AD
3)Full Control of the football program
These are the same scenario Bo had with Canham. Meyer has with OSU

THAT is the difference this time, prior to going to him, they catered to him.

Brandon resigned because they gave him the honorable way out before firing his ass

Harbaugh loves Hackett, he played under his dad and he respects him
And he is willing to let Jim run the show as far as football goes

Everyone is harping on Jim will never trade coaching NFL. Superbowls, over going to recruit 18 year olds in homes. Thats so much bull anyone saying that has no clue

Todays recruiting is virtual mainly and a HC travels hardly for recruits unless they are a TOP recruit in which case they fly the kid in.

And it's not the same building a kid up, a program, than being a "Boss" to grown ass men which is what the NFL is, it's not a sport, it's a business. Jim's competitive nature fits better in this scenario than the typical sunday armchair qb thinking he knows football

That's my answer
Oh, Ross wants John not Jim

Complete thread: