Everything about Oregon is basically teflon for no reason.

by KGB, Belly o. the Beast, Friday, October 24, 2014, 09:45 (3443 days ago) @ Jim (fisherj08)
edited by KGB, Friday, October 24, 2014, 12:50

My favorite thing is hearing people describe Mariota as the "most valuable" player in the country. I'm sorry, did you just fall off the fecking turnip truck directly onto your head and then while you still had blood streaming down your prominent forehead, someone told you about this weird thing called Oregon football? It is the same every year. Every year. It's a plug-and-play operation, wherein the coaches take reasonably-talented athletes, indiscriminately shove them onto the conveyor belt and a 50-point offense sharts out on the other side. These kids practically redefine the word "fungible". The next time you hear about a shit-hot Oregon skill player who goes on to fame & fortune in the NFL will be the first (and please don't come at me with 'LeGarrette Blount' or other such foolishness). I don't even know how NFL GMs can draft Oregon players with a straight face anymore. But if you're looking for the dumbest asshole in the room at the draft next April, he'll most likely be the one scrawling the name "Marcus Mariota" on an index card and having it delivered to the league office at some point in the first or second round.

None of which is to say that Golson should win the Heisman, but Mariota's candidacy is the height of inanity. He curled up like newspaper in a bonfire in that Arizona game, Mister Valuable that he is.

Complete thread: