the Polo Grounds

Back to the forum index
Open in thread

Big Picture thread

by Jay ?, San Diego, Monday, September 15, 2014, 11:27
edited by Jay, Monday, September 15, 2014, 11:34

For those of you who aren't familiar, this is a recurring feature here at TPG where we check in at some regular interval (not too often, but regularly) to take your temperature on the state of the program, the head coach, the fan base (drink), ND in general, or any other "big picture" observations you'd like to make.

I found a very nice post from Jeremy from back in August of 2012, on the cusp of a championship run, that can serve as a conversation starter.

http://www.bluegraysky.com/forum/index.php?id=107116

Honest question
by Jeremy (WeIsND), Offices of Babip Pecota Vorp & Eckstein, Thursday, August 16, 2012, 14:58

Has there been a moment in the past 5 years that has resulted in universal happiness and excitement from the ND fanbase? I know it might be too much to ask for a group of unlike-minded folks to agree on anything, but I can't think of one. Even the USC victory was tinged with "well, they were playing a backup QB, and their WR dropped a sure TD and we suck anyway because we're playing a noodle-armed QB, and we decided to abandon the run until the last drive of the game..."

We're a group of seriously depressed and cynical folks who desperately need something good to happen this year. Even if we're a 2002-type paper tiger, it would be really cool if Golson could do something outrageous and lead ND to a BCS game, or at least a couple "surprising" wins. Of course, there would be plenty of Kelly-haters out there still, but we really need something to at least start bringing us back together...

To answer Jeremy's question over two years later: I think we just had one, but it may have been short-lived.

(prior Big Picture threads are at the big picture tag). Some good reading here.

We're at a bye week, three games into the fifth year of the Kelly reign. Where do you stand on this thing? Where are we going?

Tags:
big picture

Complete thread:

374450 Postings in 32693 Threads, 204 registered users, 128 users online (4 registered, 124 guests)
Contact