the Polo Grounds

Back to the forum index
Open in thread

About the money...

by Clay, Thursday, February 27, 2014, 15:00 @ Jay

Why is no one talking about the money? I realize that the University will be spending other people's money for this project, and that the Administration can walk and chew bubble gum, but what is being done about controlling tuition costs? I mean, there's only so much money the school can get out of its donors, right? Is something equally audacious being undertaken to control, freeze, or... gasp... decrease tuition costs so that ND alums can try to further the school's Catholic mission when they graduate instead of just going corporate because they need to pay student loans? This isn't to demean corporate America, but alums should have the choice, right? They shouldn't be forced into a career choice by student loans. So I guess my question is what is the state of tuition, is the school doing something equally audacious to get it under control (I have to think the answer is no, for the simple reason that I haven't heard about and I have heard about stadium expansion), and if not, why not?

Complete thread:

382387 Postings in 33214 Threads, 204 registered users, 73 users online (1 registered, 72 guests)
Contact