contract notes from the presser

by Jay ⌂, San Diego, Saturday, August 31, 2013, 21:16 (3862 days ago)
edited by Jay, Saturday, August 31, 2013, 21:19

Q. If I can ask you about the contract quick. Typically schools, at least Notre Dame has released length in the past, can you say how long this new deal runs through, what year?

COACH KELLY: Yeah, it's a five year contract.

Q. Starting now?

COACH KELLY: Yes.

Q. If you don't want to get into specifics, what elements in this are important to you? Are there elements that you really wanted to address that this does address for the next five years?

COACH KELLY: I just think the contract is one that has involved the leadership of the university. Obviously, Jack Swarbrick, Father Jenkins, we've all been in discussion about the future of the program. So when we come to an agreement, it's not necessarily that within it I get a lunch stipend on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's about that we're all together in this contract about moving the program forward. Do you know what I mean? That we've all decided that by signing this contract, we're all in it together, and that's what I was looking for.

By my signature on it, Father Jenkins' signature on it and Jack Swarbrick's signature on it, we've all agreed that the principles within this contract is that we're all in it together, and our voices, the communication was the huge piece for me. That that dialogue is open, and that's what I was looking for.

Tags:
contract

Complete thread: